'Out of the cradle, endlessly rocking...'

Sunday, December 5, 2010

i thought i'd whine a little...

    Nothing happened this morning, nothing at all.  It's just, well, I was so bored.  I miss the cycle of festivals - the church has her own time you know - and I miss liturgy.  To be sure, there are no drums in the sanctuary, and the gaggle is ordered and solemn and not at all superficial.  No, it's me - I feel - and in saying this I make no large claims for anyone else - I feel cut off from the Church. 
     That's my problem, yes, and it's far from a new problem to be sure, and there is no solution ready to hand I dare say...and yet, yet, I was bored, soooo very booored.  The sermon was damn fine, the folks were friendly, there was decency, good order, and suchlikethatthere...and I was soooo boooooooored.  In fact, 'boredom' doesn't quite say all - ennui, that's better - ennui, that French mashup of boredom and existential emptiness. 
     Oh, and no matter how hard I try, I just can't bring myself to think that these fine folks are right about the Eucharist and baptism...close they are, but not quite there - devout all the same, which makes it hard, but still wrong wrong wrong...  And yet I really love 'em.  Go figure...

No comments:

Post a Comment