'Out of the cradle, endlessly rocking...'

Monday, April 8, 2013

a ramble with no purpose...

     I'm over, inter alia, Mad Men; Game of Thrones; Iron Chef America, Top Chef, and any of their ilk; movies based on comic books; zombies; vampires (sorry Joss, but you're partly to blame); the new, super-popular Rush; the LCMS, PCA, OPC, ELCA, PC(USA), UCC, ACNA, LCNA, UMC, LCWS, ECUSA, REC, AAC, and I'm eyeing the OCA; Rand Paul (should have stayed On Message there big guy); Libertarians in general; Democrats, Republicans, and other Stupid Liberals; Peter Jackson; Wendell Berry.
     I still love Firefly, but wish the fans would get over it. And no, we're not Browncoats
     Justified is currently about the best thing on television. 
     Well, there's Top Gear, but that's a different kettle of widgets. 
     Yes, I still love television. There are more television shows in my iTunes rack than movies. I would love to write for television. Perhaps there's an opening for a slightly more Rightish Aaron Sorkin. 
     No, I didn't really think so.
     I would like to write a book on Hell entitled Love Wins. That would also be a fine title for a book about Augustine's fine-spun theology of predestination. Put a contract in front of me and I might just sign the thing.
     Rob Bell is an excellent writer of ad copy. I was going to say that he should be in marketing, but thought better of it for some reason.
     I'm both an Old Earth and a Young Earth Creationist. Sue me. 
     I've long had my doubts that there was ever anything like Feudalism. If we made up Feudalism out of our own pure brains, then I do much wonder why. Riddle me why we invented Feudalism, and you'll untangle the skein tightly wound in the last two and a half centuries or more. You might also win a grant.
     I'm tired, yet all I want to do is watch television and eat ice cream. 
     That would be stupid, so of course I would never do it. 
     Peace out.
     
     

No comments:

Post a Comment