'Out of the cradle, endlessly rocking...'

Saturday, August 10, 2013

damn, 'die hard' is taken...

     Through the first half of the sales season, I got my ass kicked repeatedly. There's no other way to put it. I could go into detail, but would thus quickly fall into a litany of Salesman's Excuses, and I hate those. Suffice it say, again and again, my ass hath been kicked repeatedly. For that reason, I found myself down for a couple of weeks. It was the lowest your factotum has been for many a year. 
     Well, the past week or so has seen a shift in momentum. Those insurance adjusters who were taking the most delight in kicking me up and down the road are gone. So far, I have outlasted the bastards. If there are more out there, then let them come. 
     Yes, I daresay things are getting back to normal. 
     Although sales for the year obviously track to the end of December, the season ends around the last week of November. I am determined to break my own record, and to do it between now and that November deadline. What's more, I have been asked to help carry the office through the end of the season so that we meet our goal for the year, and that is precisely what I'm going to do.
     Believe it or not, there is one good thing about taking a lot of real beatings while growing up - I know how both to survive and prevail. So, come the Christmas bacchanal round about the second week of December, I will come limping into the room, yes, but for all that I will win.
     There's a lesson in that somewhere, but for the life of me I can't figure out what it is.

1 comment:

  1. Just be careful not to create discord where there is none. For example, a gesture of love to your wife, or a friendly give and take, or a professional collaboration. Embrace the win/win when it comes along. It's a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete