'Out of the cradle, endlessly rocking...'

Monday, September 30, 2013

changes!


     So, over the weekend I made a couple of decisions that will, by next autumn, radically change our lives around here. Ancillary to these decisions was a stunning insight (for me anyway) - the whole Seminary Quest is over. My last gasp of Seminary Nostalgia was the whole "I'm going to Nashotah House" debacle. Long time readers of ER have long grown used to such histrionics; to those of you who are new the the Spectacle, my apologies. As so often happens, I needed to make such a bold assertion in order to expel it for all time, and clear the way for the real decisions that force themselves upon me every so often. 
     In any case, it's clear to me now that Seminary, as a route to something called Ordination, is a phantom. It's never going to happen. That's not really my calling, dear reader. This does not imply that I will never return to formal studies in theology and philosophy, but such studies, if a reality at all, are in the future. For now, I have other work to do. 
     As for the details of those decisions made over the weekend, I'll leave those to your imaginations for now. I will say that if all goes as planned, this time next year my company will have a completely different direction and focus. I also hope to be launched on a difficult venture that could allow me to pick up some teaching gigs here and there. Again, leave details aside - suffice it to say that we have a plan, we have the means, and all we need now is patience. Yes, patience, my greatest virtue...

No comments:

Post a Comment