'Out of the cradle, endlessly rocking...'

Sunday, February 2, 2014

in other news...

     Ate my last cupcake last night. Yes, it's true. In fact, I ate my last five cupcakes last night. It seemed meet and right so to do, but now, oddly enough, it feels like I've had enough. Cake of all kinds has long been my friend, and I'm not swearing off anything as though a vow were needed. No, it's weird - as I get older, it seems that I just don't care about such things as much as I did in the past. Besides, as lovely as cake of all kinds can be, it does terrible things to me now. So, perhaps wistfully, it is time to bid adieu to cake.
     Meringue, ice cream, whipped cream, mousse, and other such confections, on the other hand, are another matter. I'm not, after all, an idiot.

No comments:

Post a Comment