'Out of the cradle, endlessly rocking...'

Thursday, January 28, 2016

growing...*older*...part deux...

     The circles round the sun grow faster and faster. Turns out you're better off not clinging to anything, while paying closer attention to everything.      
     Appetites change. Some grow stronger, some weaken, and some remain the same while their objects change. I'm still looking for new music, poetry, and art. It rarely happens that I find what I'm looking for.      
     Time is more and more immediate, nothing stunning about that. I care less and less for arguments, battles over dogmas and doctrines I've long ago either accepted or rejected, and what we used to call 'flame wars' online.      
     I read as much, if not more, with - one hopes - more discrimination. I just don't care to waste time on endless prattle.
     There is, for now, health and home and marriage and poetry. I have come close to losing each of those in the past couple of years, so I want to pay closer attention to them. That I can't hold on to them, or anything, is becoming more and more clear with each of these ever faster, sometimes dizzying circles round the sun.




No comments:

Post a Comment