'Out of the cradle, endlessly rocking...'

Thursday, January 5, 2017

yeah, it's the Guardian, but still...


     See, I don't really want to care how people live out there. I have problems of my own. This, however, is an abuse of language, and that I do care about: 'Transgender soldier is first female to serve on British army frontline'. That's a lie, and as such it is an attempt to do violence to the order of being itself.
     Though it count for nothing, I must say no, this man is not 'the first woman to serve' on the frontline. He's a man, serving on the front line while suffering from the delusion that he is a woman. That several venerable institutions have colluded in supporting this man's delusions is irrelevant to the question at hand. As for the man in question, frankly, he's not my problem, but I'm not going to look into the night and call it day.

No comments:

Post a Comment