'Out of the cradle, endlessly rocking...'

Sunday, May 12, 2013

say No to mother's day...

     Why yes, I still hate Mother's Day, and avoid all churches everywhere for fear of being drowned in treacle and swinish sentiment. Let's squeeze out all the ambiguity, all the ways of going wrong in a family, so we can worship an image called, nowadays, Mom. And by all means, remind me of all the mothers who are still alive, who didn't die of cancer. Not that I wish they had died of cancer, no no no, it's just that I would rather have my real, flesh and blood, flawed and sometimes daft, yet for all that intelligent survivor of a mother alive and well thank you very much.
     But hey, we'll sure spend a lot on useless crap and brunches, so this might help this quarter's growth. See, God really does bring Good from Evil.
     So, to recap - loved my mother; hate, hate, hate Mother's Day. Don't even get me started on Father's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment