'Out of the cradle, endlessly rocking...'

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Seminary! Romans 10.14-17! I'm hyperventilating!

     Finally made a decision that is long overdue - this Autumn I'm applying to the MDiv program at Nashotah House in Wisconsin. 
     Yes, you heard that right. 
     It's been, oh, lessee, sixteen years since I dropped out of seminary, so no one can accuse me of rushing into this. 
     And yes, I know this means we have to stay put at a parish. Way ahead of you there, my friends, way ahead of you. I think the congregation even has a little money stashed away for seminarians. In any event, they have sent folks to Nashotah House before - they're rogues, don't you know.
     What's more, the company I sell for has an office about forty minutes from the Nashotah campus, and the neighborhoods I'd work are close by. That's a little scary, no?
     I even like the quasi-monastic schedule.
     O well, nothing has happened yet. Who knows if they'll be foolish enough to admit me.
     God help us all.

1 comment:

  1. Well, this IS a Development. Of course, Autumn is months away and this orb will spin round dozens of times by then, so do keep us apprised.

    ReplyDelete