'Out of the cradle, endlessly rocking...'

Sunday, December 29, 2013

i'm about to wield my threshing fork once again...

     You see, I am considering another book purge. This one would be even more radical than any in the past. With a few exceptions, all 'secondary' works would go, no matter the author. Even studies and monographs and suchlike by scholars I rather like would be fair game. This, I imagine, would reduce the stock by at least a third. 
     Already, the books plead with me, 'Spare me. Keep me for another day, a week, a year even, and I will prove my worth.' O foolish books, it is not your worth that I weigh. My reasons are inscrutable, my decree irrefragable. Do not try to avoid your destiny with simpering pleas. I will keep those book that I will keep - that is the end of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment