'Out of the cradle, endlessly rocking...'

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

a lazy cross-platform post about 'personal spirituality', edited for content and length...


     The gift of dogma and doctrine resulting from the disciplined meditation on Scripture over time; great traditions of liturgy and other forms of corporate prayer; libraries full of books; curved space-time; entangled quarks; platypi and junipers; wine, scotch, tea; food; my lovely wife; terrifying extremes of sin and virtue; all of which I barely understand after forty-four years: these I suppose form the 'scaffolding' I'm supposed to kick away when I finally mature enough to cultivate my own 'personal spirituality'. We live in a world of wonders out there, and I'm supposed to get lost in my own curved inward something?
     I would rather not, thank you. I will, mind you, but that's called sin don't you know, and sin is bad for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment