'Out of the cradle, endlessly rocking...'

Thursday, January 31, 2013

changes changes and more changes...

     There are changes afoot and aboot around here.       
     Right now, it looks like I'm going to dissolve my small company. I will be a W2 with the contractor I've represented since 2009, and my people will be W2s with me in their turn. (A lot of this has been taken out of our hands by changes in IRS regs and the like.) 
     This could, and do emphasize the conditional there, this could lead to me going completely corporate in a year or so as a, yes, general manager of one of our sales offices. That's a long way off, and I would have to do a lot to earn it, if I even want it in the first place. In any event, after a bit of whiplash, I've started to adapt and plan anew. 
     Oddly enough, none of this will change what I do every day, except that I will have a more formal role as a mentor with new reps as they come along. 
     What a weird life this is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment