'Out of the cradle, endlessly rocking...'

Thursday, January 17, 2013

zuckerberg's hoodie and the tyranny of a brand...

     What I want to know is, when does Zuckerberg get to stop wearing the hoodie? I mean, back in the day he was young, and it was all cool that a youngish Harvard guy could take the venture capital world to the cleaners while wearing a hoodie. It was rebellion without the rebellion, you know? As the man gets older, though, I wonder when it will be safe for him to shed the hoodie. It's now such a part of him, of, dare I say, his brand, that were he to start wearing, I don't know, Panama hats and pleated slacks with silk shirts, it's likely the whole of Facebook would collapse. The man is trapped in his hoodie. He can never be free of it. I can see him, in his nineties, shuffling around in a hoodie. He'll be the only human being in that world who even remembers what a hoodie signified at the turn of the century when life was simpler.
     Before it's too late, someone please send the guy to Savile Row. He's got the money. He just needs a decent suit for these public product launches and suchlike.

No comments:

Post a Comment